Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Angel of Music

I already knew Emily was a much better singer than me, and I already knew she was an amazing soprano, but Hot Dog! I've never been so blown away by such a beautiful sound! SERIOUSLY! Emily's voice is gorgeous. I sat in her master class on Monday, and she did a piece from Elixir of Love. I really don't think I'm over exaggerating either. I've taken private lessons for 3 semesters and people seem to enjoy listening to me sing, so I know a thing or two about singing; I know what sounds good and what doesn't. Emily sounds wonderful.

I'm also excited because she is going to be performing next weekend for a night of opera scenes that the music department is putting on. I can't wait to hear her again. In addition her mom and sister will be in town that weekend to hear her. I wonder who's going to be more nervous that night.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You need to video record it so we can hear her. :)

Carla said...

You'll definitely be more nervous. :)

Lyle said...

This blog title should be changed from "Twenty Something'" to "Emily's On-line Shrine."

Annie said...

Save us a seat...!